Thank you to everyone who participated in our writing PD. Great conversations were had, and we hope that it was beneficial for all. The Teachers Reading and Writing Project have a plethora of digital resources and are very active on each one. We have listed some great resources for writing for your use and information..
- Columbia University’s Teachers College Reading and Writing Project page
- Teachers College Reading and Writing Project Facebook group is very active and wonderful conversations occurring. Calkins herself will chime in too on some of the conversations. Below is the sign up link for the group:
- Teachers College Reading and Writing Project Twitter chats occur every Wednesday evening at 7:30 p.m. eastern time.
https://twitter.com/TCRWP. The schedule for the Twitter chats is linked below.
- On Vimeo, Teachers College Reading and Writing Project have a plethora of videos to watch the workshop in action.
- The Two Writing Teachers blog- great information which comes out bi weekly by teachers and coaches in the trenches of Calkins writing. Sign up to receive the biweekly posts – by clicking on follow+ on
- Mentor Text – We developed a list of great mentor text. Some of our LRC’s have these books in circulation. Listed out are the genre, grade level, and skills that are addressed.
- Professional Books –
Big Book of Details by Roz Linder Writing Strategies by Jennifer Serravallo
If you are in need of coaching of writing, please fill out a Coaching Request Form and we would be more than happy to work with you.